Massage Therapy is the manipulation of muscles and connective tissue to enhance function, repair and promote relaxation and well-being.
It aims to do this by improving circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to the body tissues. It can help with:
- Muscle tension and pain
- Increasing flexibility and mobility
- Clearing lactic acid and other waste products
- Reducing pain and stiffness in muscles and joints
- Reducing stress levels
- Enhancing your immune system function
- Back pain
- Circulatory problems
- Headaches and Migraines
- Post Injury and post surgical rehabilitation
- Repetitive Strain injuries
Our therapists at Balwyn are Qualified Myotherapists and Remedial Massage Therapists. Myotherapists have further training in assessment, exercise prescription and are skilled at dry needling.