Modern bicycles have over 20 different adjustment points which allow a nearly unlimited number of riding positions. Ensuring a correct position is vital for avoiding injury and ensuring comfort for long sessions in the saddle.
Our cycling Physiotherapists are keen riders themselves, with a combined 25 years of experience in assisting professional cyclists to first timers. They understand what it feels like to be in-tune with your bike and out on the open road.
- Our method is unique and is unlike anything you will experience at a bike store or other “bike fitters”.
- We treat every cyclist as an individual and therefore an individual approach is required. No two bike setups will be the same. There is no recipe!
- We use the Wahoo KickR to provide us with power information and a unique experience
Some bike fitters are experts in feet, some are trained bike mechanics, some base their method on their personal experience. Many have done little more than a weekend course. As Professional Sports Physiotherapists who cycle themselves, Andrew and Nick are in a unique position to provide whole body expertise, from fingers to toes and necks to knees.
Bike Setup Menu
|Cleat and shoe assessment||30 minutes||$95|
|Basic Saddle and Bar Position||45 minutes||$135|
|Intro Setup – Body and Bike positioning||60 minutes||$200|
|Platinum Setup – Comprehensive Analysis||120 minutes||$450|
Appropriate adjustments can be made on-site or referral to an appropriate mechanic, if more complicated changes are required. We have a network of preferred local stores or we are happy with work with your own preferred retailer. If required, a tailored exercise or treatment program is prescribed to ensure the biomechanical aspect is addressed to treat or prevent injury.
- Please ensure your bicycle is clean, and in good mechanical order
- Mountain bikes require “slick” tyres to fit onto our stationery trainer
- Please wear comfortable clothing, knicks and cycling jersey is ideal
Please call or email the clinic for further information.
NB: As these sessions are provided by a qualified Physiotherapist, sessions may be claimable under private health insurance. PLEASE contact your fund to check prior to claiming.